Meet our young team of development rock stars, the TeamTWO. They are the ones that make things happen at Greytip; their hand sign is a 'V'.
A century ago, this team would have called itself as "The Water Ouzels" written in some Gothic typography. But the TLA fed, texting-savvy generation prefers it short - "TeamTWO" or "team2". The original inspiration for the name is the The Water Ouzel, but the acronym TWO and the numeric 2 bring their own charm to the name.
The Water Ouzel (TWO)
(c)2009 William L. Sullivan, www.oregonhiking.com
What's a Water Ouzel? It's the mascot and inspiration for the team. It's an amazing bird with oodles of character. Here are some interesting points from the Wikipedia article:
- It's a songbird that prefers to live in rapids and feeds on the bottom of fast-moving, rocky streams.
- The presence of this indicator species shows good water quality.
- They even swim up-side-down.
The integer 2
The integer 2 is again quite a remarkable mathematical entity. Check out the wikipedia entry for an interesting read. Some nice things about 2:
- Two (binary) is the base of modern computers.
- the first prime number, and the only even one (the oddest prime!)
- Two is a primorial, as well as its own factorial.
- The first magic number.
- The number of polynucleotide strands in a DNA double helix.
ONE Vs TWO (Why not ONE?)
- For us, ONE is taken - our customers are #1 for us.
- "ONE" is not a team, it's solitary effort.
- 1 is a poor force multiplier - it can't do as much for your business what TeamTWO can!
- "One" sound like having arrived. We keep trying harder, we keep aiming higher.
That's all for now, enjoy!